Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another Banner & Blooming Peach Trees

On Palm Sunday Ryan came home from church council and told me that our church didn't have an Easter banner. So after I got over my disbelief we didn't have an Easter banner, I went through my fabric stash.
This one is just raw-edge applique for the butterflies and letters, and and I didn't have enough purple to make the background purple so I made the butterflies purple. I think it turned out OK for something I whipped up in a week or so. 
I quilted the background with Easter lilies.


I'm also super excited that our peach trees are blooming!!!
Why does this matter so much? Well, we had peaches our first year here. They are white and sweet and scrumptious and are planted right at the edge of their approved agricultural zone. By that I mean a bad winter renders them perfectly healthy, but peachless. So the winter of 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 were bad. I even blogged about it here. They were full of ice and record low temperatures. But the winter of 2010-2011 was pretty normal! Therefore the peach trees are blooming and I'm hopeful. This may be a year with peaches!

No comments: