Saturday, December 7, 2019

Country living and simple quilt projects

Because it's beautiful and makes me happy, I'm starting this post with a sunrise. One of the things about living in midwest farm country is that sunrises and sunsets are often dramatic and colorful and simply beautiful, writ large on an unbroken canvas.

Also being a farm, farm kids sometimes find unusual fun. Ryan got a load of rock delivered and the kids promptly decided to sled down it like snow. It didn't destroy the sled or the kids, by some miracle.

Also by some strange miracle, we actually have a church near us that has a barn dance in October. Here we are in a friends' barn, in the picture I believe it's "The Hokey Pokey". They also played some line dancing country, some swing, some rock/pop, etc. It was a potluck and was lovely.

We also have two new small, furry additions to the family! They appeared on the farm and have been tamed and brought in. This is Jinx. Her original name was Misty, but it just doesn't suit her. She's a kitten, so it's not like she responds to her name anyway.

And this is Altair. Yes, in this picture he's lounging in a liter box. I don't know why. I guess he finds it comfy?


I've also managed to get a little quilting done. This is a twin-sized scrap quilt I made from what I had sitting around in my scrap box. 

We also had a secret Santa exchange at work, so I made a quick reversible table runner.


No comments: