Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hiatus over & egg carton extravaganza


First, I have to apologize for my long hiatus. I'm so sorry! I have been absent because I'm now about 5 months pregnant and have discovered I am NOT one of those lucky women who feel like a million bucks when they're expecting (they're out there, I know a few!). So instead I have been a huge lump for the last few months and Ryan has been picking up the pieces. On a related note, Ryan HAS kept his blog up very well; it can be found here: http://beginningiowafarmer.blogspot.com/

Now, on to farm business. The growing season is done for us, but the egg layers have really kicked it into high gear recently! We are practically drowning in eggs; although we are continuing to find people who want to buy them. So we ran out of egg cartons and had to order some more. If you ever wanted to know what $150 in egg cartons looks like, this is it. I came home to this ginormous box in my living room and had to share the way the egg cartons seem to come in "columns" within it!

Anyway, it is not my intention to become one of those non-blogging bloggers, so I am hoping to get back to something resembling my bi-monthly-ish update frequency. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your little one!!! We have yet to meet up - one of these days :-) We go through a couple dozen per month eggs per month would love to support your business. Osky Hy-Vee's started carrying eggs from Kalona, but they run out all the time.

I was back in Ames a few weeks ago shopping while dh was at the game. I stopped at the indoor farmer's market because I've really wanted to check it out for while. The ladies began telling me about all the vendors and lo and behold you called while I was there, lol. "That was just our turkey lady from up by Pella," and she continued on bragging about you guys :-)

Talk to you soon

Haddock said...

was wondering what those cartons are.